Registering a Death
A Death Must be Registered by Law. Don't worry if you are not sure what to do. Your funeral director is there for you and can help you to do this.
Who Can Register a Death?
- Close relative of deceased
- Relative in attendance during last illness
- A relative living in the district where death occurred
- A person present at death
- The person causing the disposal.
- Medical certificate of death
- Medical card if available
- Birth certificate or information regarding date of birth.
Information Required to Register
- Day and place of death
- Full name of deceased (maiden name if applicable)
- Date and place of birth
- Occupation and home address
- If married, full name and occupation of surviving spouse.
The Registrar Will Issue:-A green disposal certificate for the funeral director.
A white social security certificate to be handed in at the work and pension department with any pension books.
Copies of the death certificate for bank, insurance and solicitors.
Lincolnshire Register office 01522 782244